Saturday, August 15, 2015

Cheat clean???

Is there such a thing as cheating clean?? What does that even mean? From my perspective, I feel like I'm eating a "cheat meal" but really eating something pretty healthy/clean. Personally, I have found two types of  bars that I think allow you to do just that; Lara Bars and Quest Bars! (FYI; neither of these companies are paying me to promote their products; although, that would be nice, wouldn't it?!)

Suprisingly, when I asked a few of my friends; most said they had never heard of either of these bars! So I figured why not blog about a couple of my favorites! Side note: I'm very picky with my food and if it doesn't taste good, I would not eat it... So these definitely feel like a "cheat" for me! 

*Lara Bar -
(My personal favorite is Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip.... This isn't surprising to those of you that know me, is it?!)

The stats:
~non-GMO
~gluten free, dairy free
~vegan
~kosher 
~ 6 grams of protein
~220 calories
~19 grams of sugar (may seem high, but they are mostly natural sugars.
~ingredients : dates, peanuts, semi-sweet chocolate chips and sea salt (that's it!!!)
~when I eat them: usually as a snack or before a workout! 
~ can be found at Target or supermarket in the health aisle. 

*Quest nutrition protein bar (My personal favorite is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough..it really does taste just like it; honest!!)

The stats: 
~21 grams of protein
~I gram of sugar
~17 grams of fiber
~190 calories
~gluten free
~ingredients: a bunch 
~when I eat them: after a workout, especially after weight training, or as a meal replacement. 
~where can you find: health food aisle of some supermarkets, Amazon, and I believe GNC, vitaman world, and so on. 

A lot of my weight lifting friends eat these often and love them! 

Some may not agree that these are "clean" products; but are the best that I have found to meet my needs. A big plus for me is that they taste good too! You can be the judge for yourself! Check some out and let me know what you think! If you already eat them, tell me your personal favorites! Or simply tell me ones that you like... I always like something new too! 

Oxox,
Mac


No comments:

Post a Comment