Sunday, August 2, 2015

Pleasure; with None of the Guilt

So if you know me; you know I am a chocoholic! I love the sweet treat; and often have a stash in my desk at school (and maybe a little at home too ;)  Unfortunately, it tends not to be 70% cacao version! During a stressful day, I could eat a ton on the miniature sizes of milk chocolate. Many of my students see me with it, and always ask for some! My response is that I share a lot of things, but one thing I don't share is my chocolate!  Aren't I horrible?!  I can't help it, I am truly a chocolate addict.
Summer always reminds me of the beach and of course, ice cream.  Growing up I loved Mr. Softie (didn't we all??), and would always run out outside when I heard the truck coming up the street with its distinctive jingle! My family also vacationed in Cape Cod every summer and we always had homemade ice cream every night at a different place.  In high school, my friends and I often went out to get Italian ices before meeting up with a group of friends.  We even had a couple of reunions this summer, along with our favorite cream Italian Ices.  As an adult, I feel in love with blizzards at DQ ( chocolate and peanut butter cups).  DQ did not exist on Long Island while I was growing up.  Up until recently, I thought I was eating better when I got frozen yogurt; that is until, I added the peanut butter sauce and PB cups.  But as I try to move towards a healthier lifestyle; I had to give that up that summer ice cream fix!  I was determined to find something that was healthier, but still tasted good. The struggle was real, friends. That is until I found these....Arctic Zero Fit Frozen Desserts!

(Notice all have some form of chocolate in them). These are still a much healthier version than what most of us would normally have on a hot summer day, including frozen yogurt without any extras! Now this may not be new to you, but being that I have no Whole Foods or Trader Joe's near my house; it was a total treat to find these awesome treats in my local supermarket.  The entire pint has 150 calories; 35 calories per serving! They are gluten free, lactose free and GMO free and most are even nut free and fat free. These three flavors have 3 grams of protein (whey protein), and only 5 grams of sugar.  Normally, I could eat a whole pint in one sitting, but one serving size was perfect for me.  This has been my replacement from all fatty summer treats... Ok, not all, but most! 

Oh, before I forget, Arctic Zero does offer fruit versions of this frozen treat too! I'm just a chocoholic fit girl! Try some and let me know your favorite flavors!

Your "fit" chocoholic,
Mac

1 comment: