Saturday, October 10, 2015

Kayla Itsines' BBG workout

I've tried quite a few workout routines.  By far my absolute favorite is Bikini Body Guide (BBG) by Kayla Itsines.  Kayla is from Australia and studied at the Australian Institute of Fitness where she became a AIF Master Trainer.   She became famous by using social media, such as Instagram and Facebook and posting the wonderful transformations of her clients.



This program isn't just for women that want to lose weight, but women that want to become lean, strong and the best they can be.  The workouts consist of resistance training, cardio training and stretching.  Kayla has BBG 1.0 and BBG 2.0; each of which is twelve weeks.  The resistance portion is done in circuits.  Each day consists of two rounds of two different circuits.  For each circuit, you have to complete the four exercises as many times as possible in  seven minutes.  The total workout is about a half hour.  You are to complete these circuits three times a week.  On the other days of the week, Kayla wants you to do low intensity work; what she called LISS.

This workout can be done at home (within minimal equipment...dumbbells, medicine balls, chairs/benches) or at the gym.  I sweat like a pig so doing these exercises at home is for me.  Thus far, this exercise has made me the leanest I've ever been and I noticed a big difference.  But I will say that I also continue my other classes at the gym too.  I just love spin and my weight lifting classes too much!  These HIIT (high intensity) circuits have helped me make the most change.  I am actually on my second round of 1.0.  This time around, I hope to go from BBG 1.0 to 2.0 for a total of 24 weeks.  When I first started BBG, I was lucky if I could get through two rounds of the circuit within seven minutes.  Now, I can do the same activities in four rounds within the seven minutes.

If you reached your plateau, then I think this will be just the thing to get you to see change.  I love the flexibility that you can have with it, and after 30 minutes your workout is done.  No excuses anymore.     It's definitely something you want to look into.  Check out some of these transformation photos.


2 comments:

  1. Where is your blue swimsuit from? It is super cute and you look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Kayla BBG Information

    ReplyDelete